Types of Injectable Testosterone:
- Testosterone Cypionate
- Testosterone Enanthate
- Testosterone Propionate
All testosterone types are contained in USP grade oil
How To Fill the syringe:
- Remove safety seal (plastic cap) from the unopened vial and wipe rubber-stopper top with alcohol. Wipe rubber-stopper top before every injection to help ensure sterility.
- Using a 3cc syringe and attached needle; push the needle into the rubber-stopper top and turn the vial upside-down while making sure that the needle tip is below the level of the top of the testosterone inside the vial.
- Pull back the plunger and draw out your dose of testosterone (push plunger back and forth to try and remove as much air-bubbles as possible) using the far end of the plunger tip and the syringe demarcations to measure the quantity of the dose.
- Remove needle from the vial and pull plunger back to pull testosterone which might be trapped in needle tip.
- Carefully twist off the needle used to “draw’’ the testosterone and replace it with a new needle for injection (usually a 25G 1-inch needle).
You can inject into one of 2 places: Deltoid (shoulder) or Gluteus muscle (“butt-cheek”). Find whichever works best for you, or alternate between them.
How to inject Testosterone via IM (Intramuscular – “in the muscle”) injection:
Type of needle to use for injecting testosterone intramuscular (IM):
- 25g 1”- Best to use with testosterone in grapeseed oil
- 23g 1”- Best to use with testosterone in sesame or cottonseed oil
*the type of oil should be stated on the bottle’s label
- Determine which site you will be using: Gluteus muscle – always inject into upper-outer quadrant of the butt-cheek.
- Clean the injection site with an alcohol pad.
- Make sure plunger is pushed sufficiently toward the needle to remove all air-bubbles, leaving only the testosterone.
- Relax the muscle being injected. For example – if injecting into your gluteus muscle, you may lay down on your front side or lean your opposite side onto a counter-top in order to relax the side to be injected. Tensed muscle may cause a little pain.
- Push the needle all the way straight into (perpendicular to the surface of) the muscle.
- Once the needle is in, pull back very slightly on the plunger to ensure you do not see blood in the syringe (indicating the needle is in a vein). If you are indeed in a vein (which is rare) then you will see blood in the syringe and you should then remove the needle and re-inject and repeat the process until no blood is seen in the syringe when the plunger is pulled back.
- If the needle is not in a vein then simply push the plunger all the way to the end of the syringe, injecting the testosterone into the muscle and then remove the needle.
- “CC” is the same thing as a “ML” CC=ML
- 100 units an “insulin” syringe equals 1ML. 100units = 1ML
- Be sure to keep your injections CLEAN. Always wipe your injection site with alcohol and store your medications in a clean location. Always use a new, unopened needle for each injection. Do not reuse your needle and syringe!